PhoTransEdit Desktop Download
|PhoTransEdit (Phonetic Transcription Editor) is available as a free download and is, therefore, not a supported product. The tool is provided as is, without warranty of any kind.|
|If you downloaded PhoTransEdit before November 7th 2012, you don't have the latest version.|
|Your download should automatically begin in a few seconds, but if not, click here.|
|Procedure if the install doesn't work on Windows 7. Here is some feedback from Jean-Luc Delghust, maybe it can be helpful for you:|
- Log in as admin (http://windows7news.com/2009/02/03/enable-or-disable-the-windows-7-administrator-account/)
- Launch the installation. (When logged in as admin, install just worked this time) When the installer asks whether you want to "install for everyone on this computer or only for me", select the option "only for me".
- Log off the admin profile, and log back in with your usual profile.
- Go to c:\Program Files\PhoTransEdit and right-click on the program to create a shortcut or just launch it from there. The user data is now added in the correct folder.
- If you want to disable the Windows 7 Admin account, see step 1), but type "no" instead of "yes"
|After the installation wizard screen, I receive a fatal error box that says the installation ended prematurely with an error. What can I do?|
|PhoTransEdit installation includes three main files: PhoTransEdit.exe, PhoTransEditDB.mdb and ContributionDB.mdb. These files should be in the installation folder (probably C:\Program Files\PhoTransEdit). If these three files exist, even if the installation didn't succeed, the executable PhoTransEdit.exe might work. If you don't have these files, you can try copying them from another computer where the installation was successful. If you can't get those files, I can download them from here|